Finding recipes that the whole family will eat is a challenge in itself, but finding a meal that incorporates my new ethos, real food, is proving difficult. This alone reinforces my decision, the food they love is full of additives, sugar and god know what else, obviously things that appeal to the taste buds.
This worries me, it makes me wonder what damage I could have done by doing what I thought was best, feeding them food that when they were little said it was suitable but actually wasn’t. Convenience seems to take over lives and blinds us of the costs.
This is an adaptation of a Pioneer Woman recipe, I do love her recipes, I tend to use them as a base and then amend them as I go along, adding in things we like, or healthier alternatives.
- Pasta, enough for 4 people
- 4 Chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Large handful of cherry tomatoes chopped in half
- Large handful spinach
- Parmesan Cheese shavings
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to instructions
- Heat oil and butter in large frying pan
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper
- Cook until golden and then set aside
- Add garlic and quickly cook without burning
- Add wine and stock and allow to reduce for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and add tomatoes season to taste.
- Add chicken and spinach to pan.
- Add Parmesan and combine all ingredients.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Please follow and like us: