I find that as the winter months start, my skin seems to become more dry and sensitive. I try all sorts of lotions to try and correct this but no matter what I have tried to do, it just doesn’t seem to help.
I try all sorts of lotions to try and correct this but no matter what I have tried to do, it just doesn’t seem to help.
Then I realised that it isn’t all about what we put on our skin, it’s also about what we put into our bodies as well.
By forming new habits that work both on the inside and the out, my skin is starting to look better and feel better.
Here are the seven habits I have been forming to help give me the perfect skin I have longed for .
- Wash your face twice a day. This is a must. Never ever fall asleep with your makeup on. Lather up morning and night, but not with soap, buy a good quality face wash.
- Use a Toner. This is an integral part of your skin care routine. It helps to make sure all cleanser, makeup and dirt are removed. It also helps to balance your skin’s pH as well.
- Workout. At least three times a week as it helps the body to remove toxins through sweat and keeps your muscles toned.
- Sun Protection. For perfect skin, you must protect it. Not only by using sun cream but by wearing long-sleeved tops, big hats and reapplying sun cream at least twice a day.
- Water. You need to keep yourself hydrated to keep your skin looking fresh and healthy. By drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day should be enough to keep your body hydrated enough.
- Good Diet. People say you are what you eat and this is true. If you eat lots of fresh fruit and veg, all the good vitamins etc will help with cell renewal and in turn, help to keep you skin looking smooth and supple.
- Less is more. By using less makeup, you allow your skin to breathe and not get clogged up. Also as your skin is looking more smooth and supply you will find you won’t want to use as much or any makeup other than for a special occasion.